We are hiring a new Shop Manager! If you’ve shopped at the Co-op you’ll have an idea of what we’re looking for but the detailed job description is below. This role can be offered part or full time, depending on the applicant. The role would be ideal for a someone who can work a minimum of 4 days a week, ideally between around 10am and 3pm.
This is a busy role, with a range of skills required and would suit an all rounder with some experience in retail. A genuine commitment to sustainability and zero waste is an essential component of this role.
If you think you might be a good fit, please contact Sarah at email@example.com.
|Job title||Shop Manager|
|Responsibilities (what is required of job holder)||– Assists the board in ensuring the effective operation of the store, including but not limited to safety, security, food and shop hygiene, goods display, sales, goods receiving.|
– Manages all members of the shop team, including both staff and instore volunteers.
– Supervises, coaches and mentors store staff to perform appropriate store tasks as expected.
– Trains staff to ensure they are competent to complete work requirements.
– Maintains a safe, hygienic working environment for self, team and customers.
– Identifies ways to grow revenue, either implementing actions or recommending same to the board.
– Communicates any ad-hoc admin task to the Office Manager as needed. – Displays product in a way to encourage sales and provide an efficient, safe working environment.
– Directs product relabelling to reflect price changes and any legal label requirements.
– Manages shelf filling and stock replenishment (including prioritising high turnover products).
– Provides product information, advice and assistance to customers.Promotes Co-op’s membership program and sign-ups new members.
– Receives payment for goods.
– Accurately manages payment transactions.
– Oversees the removal of waste.Identifies ways to reduce and recycle waste.
– May organise staff and volunteer rosters and source additional resources to cover peak periods.
– Welcomes and directs volunteers, ensuring they feel valued for their efforts.
– Encourages and motivates team.
|Essential training requirements||Food Safety Supervisor certificate|
Manual handling for retail certificate
|Competencies (how job holder is expected to perform)||Competency descriptors|
|Customer focus||– Applies a high level of customer service when interacting and liaising with customers. |
– Is responsible for delivering a high level of customer satisfaction.
– Effectively manages customer enquiries, questions and concerns.
– Resolves complex customer issues.
– Escalates issues to board when applicable.
– Identifies opportunities to improve customer satisfaction.
|The Co-op knowledge||– Has an in-depth understanding of The Co-op’s mission and has a genuine interest and commitment to waste reduction. |
– Is instrumental in delivering the Co-op’s purpose and objectives.
– Is committed to delivery of great outcomes for Co-op members, the community and environment.
– Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of Co-op’s products.
– Proactively researches information about products to build the capability of staff, volunteers and customers.
– Identifies opportunities to increase member base.
|Leadership||– Assists in prioritising the work of others, gauging the effectiveness of team members and may participate in organising the allocation of staff. |
– Supervises less experienced team members.
– Encourages and motivates the team, providing coaching and feedback.
– Assists with monitoring work and taking corrective action.
– Implementing improvements to work practices and effectiveness.
|Teamwork||– Demonstrates to team members a high level of motivation and consistency of service. |
– Works collaboratively with team members and shares information and ideas.
– Identifies areas of for team improvements.
– Understands the impact of own work on other team.
|Continuous improvement||– Is proactive and open to change and encourages change in others. |
– Adopts a resourceful and adaptable approach to work.
– Provides assistance to others in solving problems using knowledge/technical expertise.
– Has a sound understanding of Co-op’s systems and processes.
– Identifies opportunities and areas of potential concern and identifies formal recommendations for solutions and assists in their delivery.
– Escalates issues to Board when appropriate.
|Experience qualifications||– Is required to obtain an accredited food handling certification and completion of designated manual handling course within 4 weeks of commencing work with The Co-op. – Demonstrates a good working knowledge and understanding of store technical systems.|
This job role will be offered at standard retail award rates, commensurate with age and experience.
If you would like to join our dynamic team, please contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.