Source: Sachiko / Dining Story
300g cooked sweet potato
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 grated nutmeg
50g butter (room temperature)
15g whole meal flour
(or rice flour for gluten free)
5g baking powder
50g raisins (soak in water)
15g coconut flakes
Preheat oven to 170 degrees
1. Boil the sweet potato without peeling the skin until it gets soft
2. Mash the potato and add cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. Whisk the butter and sugar to get it smooth and add beaten eggs little by little mixing with a whisk.
4. Sift the flour and baking powder on to the butter mixture and mix gently.
5. Add the potato into the mixture and mix well.
6. Drain water off raisins and add them into the mixture.
7. Pour the mixture into a pound cake tin and sprinkle the coconut flakes on the top.
8. Bake in oven at 170 degree for 45 minutes.
9. Rested in fridge overnight it will taste even better!
All organic ingredients can be purchased from Manly Food Co-op.