At the Co-op it’s important we “walk the talk” of sustainability. Recently we engaged an up-and-coming environmentalist at UNSW to conduct an audit of the Co-op because we can’t improve until we know how we’re operating today. After weeks of collecting materials, observing the shop, taking measurements (and lots of photos!), we received the audit results. We now know for certain that our strongest environmental activities are waste minimisation and product sourcing – which is great, since we are all about supporting the health of our customers and the planet through organic and bulk foods. We also know areas we need to focus on, including specific aspects of energy efficiency. We will keep you updated as we finalise our sustainability strategy in the coming months, and let you know of our improved performance as we implement some important changes.
- Make a Splash with Olive Oil March 2, 2022
- Honey for your Honey February 9, 2022
- Christmas Gifts at the Manly Food Co-op November 1, 2021
- Coconut Milk Powder Recipes – by Vivien September 27, 2021
- 5 Easy Ways to Plastic-Free shop with Manly Food Co-op this Plastic Free July June 27, 2021