At the Co-op it’s important we “walk the talk” of sustainability. Recently we engaged an up-and-coming environmentalist at UNSW to conduct an audit of the Co-op because we can’t improve until we know how we’re operating today. After weeks of collecting materials, observing the shop, taking measurements (and lots of photos!), we received the audit results. We now know for certain that our strongest environmental activities are waste minimisation and product sourcing – which is great, since we are all about supporting the health of our customers and the planet through organic and bulk foods. We also know areas we need to focus on, including specific aspects of energy efficiency. We will keep you updated as we finalise our sustainability strategy in the coming months, and let you know of our improved performance as we implement some important changes.
- Plastic waste – why’s it hard to recycle? March 22, 2023
- Falafel Rice Bowl with Tahini Sauce March 21, 2023
- Baked Risotto with Herb Salsa March 8, 2023
- 3 waste-free party kit options March 7, 2023
- RedCycle is dead – what now? February 28, 2023