By Susan Morales
I have been making my own dog biscuits for my dog Miss Luna for a while now. It’s actually super easy and to see her face light up is priceless. Whoever said that diamonds are a girl’s best friend, clearly never had a dog! I’m sure your dog will love these dog biscuits!
A word of warning though, it’s best you consult with your vet first in case your pooch has any allergies to grains.
- 1 sweet potato (steamed and mashed)
- ¼ cup of chopped carrots
- 1 cup of spelt flour
- ½ cup instant oats
- ¼ cup fresh chopped mint
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of peanut butter (xylitol-free, very important!)
- Preheat over to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Combine flour and instant oats in a large bowl and put aside.
- Mix sweet potato, carrots, mint, parsley, water, coconut oil, peanut butter until smooth.
- Add half of the wet mixture to flour mixture and stir through. Then add remainder and stir well with a wooden spoon / spatula.
- Add extra water slowly if needed.
- Use your hands to knead the dough together.
- Roll dough out to about 1.5cm thickness. You might need to cover with baking paper or a silicone baking sheet to avoid sticking.
- Remove baking paper and cut biscuits using a cookie cutter of your choice.
- Re-roll remainder dough and cut until you’ve used all the dough… be as creative as you can!
- Place biscuits on baking tray. Bake for 20 mins or until the top of biscuits have dried out completely.
- Let biscuits cool down and they can be stored in air tight container for up to 5 days.
I would love to hear from you and am super keen to find out about the treats you make for your pooch. Follow me on Instagram @MissSusanM