By Chloe Brant
Stuck for ideas on what to get the kids for Christmas? Or perhaps you’re looking for the perfect christmas gift for mum? Never fear, the Co-Op is here to help! We’ve got you covered for kid-friendly presents and eco-friendly gifts that mum will love.
We love our mums and we’re sure you do to. That’s why we’ve put together some christmas gift ideas for mum, or you can create your own gift packs!
For the Chocolate Lover Mum:
- Beautiful vegan chocolates from Alter Eco – always fair trade, organic and non-GMO and the wrapper is compostable
- Delicious Raw Vegan Chocolate from Loving Earth – healthy, sustainable, fair trade and also comes in compostable packaging
For the Waste Free Loving Mum:
- EvoEver Reusable Produce Bags – made from recycled PET drinking bottles or
- Manly Food Co-Op branded Hemp Produce Bags from the Hemp Gallery – locally made from sustainable hemp and organic cotton, perfect for produce or as gift wrapping
- HoneyBee Beesewax Food Wraps are the alternative to cling wrap – they have beautiful patterns and keep your food fresh
- Stainless Steel Straws from EcoEver – making it easy to order cocktails or smoothies and not get caught out using single-use plastic straws
For the Christmas Queen:
- Queen B Candles & Christmas Tree Candles – beautiful hand poured beeswax candles made locally in Brookvale
- Manly Cuisine Christmas Pudding – a delicious plum pudding with no added salt or MSG and gluten free. Drizzle with traditional brandy sauce, custard, or ice cream to give your pudding the little something extra.
For the Raw Foodie Mum:
- Local Raw Honey from Eden to Bee, all harvested in the Manly area – so good for you
- Mixed Nuts and other treats in our lovely re-usable jars
- Raw Vegan Chocolate from Loving Earth to top of the raw goodies bundle
Or check out our pre-packed Zero Waste Gift Packs:
* Waste Free Gift Pack – Keep Cup for $69.95: includes a 8oz Keep Cup, 2 x stainless steel drinking straws with brush, 1 Large Honey Bee Food Wrap and our Co-Op Cloth Bag
* Waste Free Gift Pack – Bento Snack Box for $64.95: includes a Bento Snack Box, 2 stainless steel drinking straws with brush, 1 Large Honey Bee Food Wrap and our Co-Op cloth bag
* Waste Free Gift Pack – Body Wellness for $49.95: includes a Yarra Valley Natural Soap, Hand Cream from Skinmade, a Face Cloth from Hemp Gallery, a Safix Scrub Pad for your feet and body and our Co-Op cloth bag
* Waste Free Gift Pack – Honey & Tea for $28.95: includes a 400ml Jar of local raw Honey, a 300ml Jar of Daintree Tea, a Tea Infuser and our Co-Op cloth bag
And if you can’t decide, we offer gift vouchers to any value. Or why not buy a ticket for our Christmas Raffle for the chance to win a shopping voucher of up to $1,000?
For the Kiddies:
- Bamboo Dinner Sets, Bamboo Mugs and Bamboo Toothbrushes for the eco-loving kiddie at heart. All bamboo products are easy to wash and durable. These are the perfect gifts for fun dinners and bedtime routines
- Kid’s size Kleen Kanteen bottles are the perfect addition for school days or after school activities that can have the youngsters working up a sweat; dancing, soccer, tennis, whatever it may be you’ll know they’ll stay hydrated with these groovy bottles
- Stainless Steel Straws from EcoEver to slurp up those milkshakes, smoothies and juices. These straws are easy to carry and to clean (they come with a cleaning brush) and make it so easy to refuse single-use plastic straws at any age
There are so many options available for kiddies and mums this Christmas and there is much, much more in-store!
Stay tuned for Part 3 of the Co-Op’s Christmas Guide next week for travelers and vegans.