We love the twist on this banana bread. Spelt flour gives it a lovely texture and adding a handful of raspberries is delicious, too!
What you need:
- 1 1/2 cups organic whole spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup raw, organic honey
- 2 organic free range eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1/4 cup milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup macadamias, chopped
- (a handful of fresh or frozen raspberries – optional)
Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine the wet ingredients in another bowl, starting with mixing the olive oil and honey, then beating in the eggs. Mash banana and add to the wet ingredients. Add milk and then combine with the dry ingredients until a smooth batter forms. Add 3/4 of the chopped macadamias, combine.
Pour mixture into a greased loaf tin (about 20 x 5 cm), sprinkle remaining macadamias on top. You can also place some thin banana slices on top. Bake at 180 degrees (fan forced) for about 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
You can make this recipe vegan by replacing the eggs with chia seeds soaked in water and the honey with maple syrup. Enjoy!
*Based on a recipe from Sugar Loves Spices.