By Nanci Katra
Making your own raw dark chocolate is so simple, and flavouring options are endless. Below is a recipe for my favourite combo: chocolate and mint.
*If you are using cacao butter, you may need to gently heat it over a hot stove to soften and allow for adequate blending.
- 3tbs raw cacao powder
- 2 cups cacao butter/coconut oil (room temperature)
- 1tbs carob powder
- ¼ tsp organic green stevia (optional)
- 1 splash of peppermint essential oil (can be replaced with any flavour of choice, or no flavouring at all!)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth
- Lay mix either on a flat tray, or in shallow moulds
- Place in fridge (or freezer if you’re as impatient as me!) until solid
- Try not to eat your raw dark chocolate all at once… enjoy!
About the author: Nanci is a Naturopathic Nutritionist (Adv. Dip. Nut Med), Yoga Teacher, Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga Teacher and Singer who believes strongly in the power of food as medicine. She lives by the motto, ‘Food for the body, yoga for the soul’. When she’s not researching her favourite nutrition topics or saluting the sun on land and sea, you’ll find her exploring Sydney’s best hikes and trails, discovering health food hot spots, and hanging out with her dog!
You can find out more at: