Thank you for your interest in providing content for Manly Food Co- Operative. We love connecting with writers who can help us to add value to the lives of our members through inspiring, interesting and relevant content. If you’d like to contribute content and blog for us, please take some time to read through the guidelines below. This will give you the best chance of having your content published.
Why write for the Manly Food Co-Operative?
Blogging for MFC may help you build your reputation and further your career in your chosen field. You’ll get exposure, increase your credibility and have the potential to connect with other influential contributors in our community. In addition, it can be very rewarding and fun to contribute! Accepted contributions also earn energy points. For every hour you invest, you receive 1 point. 3 points = 1 shop at MFC at 35% off.
The Manly Food Co-Operative is an iconic Manly grocery store that that has been operating for over 18 years. Our community is friendly and active. Our content can be shared on our blog, in our newsletter to over 1,000 subscribers and on our social media platforms, Facebook and Instagram, followed by thousands of conscious consumers.
Who is MFC’s audience?
Our primary audience is our members. People who share our values and beliefs of supporting local organic producers, fostering community, reducing packaging and waste and in nurturing the health of their family and themselves.
What makes a good MFC post?
To give yourself the best chance of being published, consider these 16 tips:
- Read our blog, our Facebook feed and subscribe to our newsletter. Develop a sense of what we publish.
- Write for our audience. Address their needs, interests, fears, challenges, burning questions, pain points.
- Have, and hone in on, a main message. Craft your introduction so that the main point of your post is very clear.
- Be prescriptive. Don’t just tell readers to do something. Explain how.
- Tell a story. Cover who, what, when, where, how, and why.
- Make it concrete. Give examples, details and metrics if you can.
- Tell and show. Make it real. Deliver aha moments for readers who may be scratching their heads.
- Make it long enough to engage and enrich readers. We don’t have a specific word-count. People will read on if it’s valuable to them.
- Be transparent. Disclose any relationships / partnerships you have when providing examples, etc.
- Be thoughtful when including links. Posts with too many links back to your domain will look spammy and will be rejected.
- Self-promotion. Avoid promoting yourself or your business in your post. Your author bio is the place to do that.
- Use a friendly voice. Say I, we, you. Use contractions as you would normally (you’ll). Write as if talking with a friend.
- Include high res images (PNG or JPGs) and/or video or infographic embed codes.
- Incorporate utility content. Share templates, checklists, step-by- step instructions.
- Give credit. Check your facts and quotations. Cite your sources. 16. Let your heart show. Where appropriate, share your feelings!
What topics is MFC looking for?
In a nutshell, we are interested in content about healthy living (most specifically eating organically but also natural/organic beauty care, personal care and household care) as well as contributing to a healthy planet (reducing waste and food packaging).
We are happy to support local community initiatives that are aligned with our values and guiding principles so will consider blog submissions that indicate this.
How do I submit a post to MFC?
Submit to email@example.com: your full draft in a Word doc that includes:
- Your name as you would like it to be published.
- (Optional) A high res image (PNG,JPG, min 600px wide) or video imbed code should be included as part of your Word doc.
- (Optional) Your Authors bio at the end of the article.
- (Optional) A head shot (PNG,JPG, square, min 200x200px).
Ensure all links are correct.
Your Authors bio should be no more than 100 words and should include any relevant links that you would like to display (your Facebook page, LinkedIn profile, website url etc).
We will reply to you within 5 business days of receiving your submission. We look forward to hearing from you!